Before Surgery with Sedation and/or General AnesthesiaSanta Maria, CA
- Except in VERY SPECIAL situations, patients must be seen for a consultation appointment before surgery with Sedation and/or General Anesthesia.
- IMPORTANT: NOTHING TO EAT OR DRINK for six (6) hours before surgery, including no gum or breath mints.
- If preoperative medication(s) are prescribed, take the medication(s) with the smallest amount of water possible, as directed on the label. Under NO circumstances should this volume exceed two (2) ounces (1/4 cup).
- No smoking the day of surgery.
- Take all regular prescription drugs unless instructed otherwise. Again, take the medication(s) with the smallest amount of water possible. Under NO circumstances should the total volume of water the day of surgery exceed two (2) ounces (1/4 cup).
- Please wear loose, comfortable clothing with short sleeves and low-heeled shoes.
- Arrange for an adult to drive you to and from your appointment and let them know that they will be required to stay for the length of the procedure (approx. 1 1/2 hours). Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian and are also required to stay for the length of the procedure.
- Do not drink any alcoholic beverages the night before the appointment.
- If you have painted fingernails, please remove dark polish from index fingers.
- We cannot perform your surgery if there is any possibility you could be pregnant.
- Contact lenses and facial and oral piercings must be removed at the time of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat or cough, please notify the office.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- All payments will be collected before the day of your surgery. For your convenience, we accept Cash, Personal Checks and Credit Cards such as Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card, and American Express.
The removal of a Wisdom Teeth Extraction is sometimes necessary. It can be due to the tooth being poorly developed or other dental issues, like tooth decay. The wisdom teeth are the last set of teeth to emerge, and they typically erupt by the time you are 21.Wisdom teeth are the only set of teeth…
If you are attempting to fix your bite, getting a Corrective Jaw Surgery can be the perfect option for you. A corrective jaw surgery helps correct any irregularities with the jaw bone and can help realign your bite along with the appearance of your teeth. Having a solid bite can do wonders not only for digestion…
Corrective jaw surgery has helped many people function in a more effortless manner, and it is beneficial to those who suffer from a misaligned jaw.By understanding exactly what corrective jaw surgery is, you can determine whether you are a good candidate for the procedure.Corrective jaw surgery is able to treat a wide variety of issues.…
Wanting to know whether or not you need a bone graft before getting dental implants? Great question. The more you are able to understand about any and all dental procedures that are available to you when you are experiencing dental issues, the better able you will be when it comes to making dental decisions that…
An oral surgeon is trained to complete a number of different procedures, most of them with the goal of saving your natural tooth. However, when a tooth is past saving, extraction may be necessary. An extraction is the removal of a tooth by an oral surgeon. Most extractions are due to medical reasons, although restorations…